2021’s virtual summer tour will consist of several videos posted weekly for viewing at your pleasure followed by a Zoom Wrap-up. The YouTube Channel is new and still unlisted, so you must follow the link to find it on YouTube.
- Week of June 13 (YouTube): A look at some of the work done by Conservation Districts in eastern Washington, from weeds to water.
- Low-tech process-based restoration of Riverscapes (Vimeo): Post assisted log structures placed in SE Washington’s Asotin Creek to improve steelhead spawning habitat.
- Week of June 20 (YouTube): Two Rancher’s Perspective of the 2020 Wildfire Season on the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, Video Submitted By: Danielle Blevins & Hannah Tomlinson
- Ed Townsend and Dale Smith are two cattle ranchers that live and work within the boundaries of the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation. An increase in human presence on the landscape coupled with hot, dry conditions and a strong prevailing wind created the perfect wildfire storm on September 6 (Cold Springs Wildfire) and 9 (Omak Mill Wildfire), 2020. Ed and Dale will describe the wildfire event(s) before, during, and after. Their unique perspective is a tale of tragedy and resilience of our Okanogan County Ranchers.
- Wrap-up June 24 at 7 pm, “Somewhat Live Social“ (Zoom). Let’s catch up with friends near and far and enjoy the musical stylings of Julie Conley. Bring refreshments, kick back, and let’s party like it’s 2019 (you know, back when we could still get together…)! You bring the drinks and snacks (but mind the keyboard). Join here. If you wish to join by telephone, dial any number below:
346 248 7799
669 900 9128
253 215 8782
312 626 6799
646 558 8656
301 715 8592
Meeting ID: 933 1887 4013